Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

4th of july
I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating the birth of our nation's independence. I hope you all get a chance to reflect on what this means to you personally.

We have, where I live, an AMAZING fireworks display. The company that puts it on claims that it's the largest fireworks show west of the Mississippi river. We always go to that. The crowds are insane and it takes forever to get home, but it is worth it to be right under it all.

We always go to our smallish parade. My kids love that. Mac's birthday is on the 15th, so he has always called this his parade. We have some sort of barbecue, usually at my mom's but this year will be at my sister Lacy's. (She lives right by the fireworks launch site) Anyway, it's always a fun day for my family.

What are you doing to celebrate? Do you have traditions for this day?

2 comments:

Polly said...

Can I ride in the trunk of your car? I am so sad to not be there this year. I was consoling myself with the fact that we could experience fireworks somewhere else, it would be okay. Hello...burn ban. So, we'll be enjoying the turtle races at the lakeside park and other small town hoopla. I definitely have fond memories of the parade and barbeque and fireworks in IF, so I have to work hard to give my kids those same kinds of good memories.
Have fun!

Kristin said...

Happy 4th. It sounds like a nice tradition. Have fun!