Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Mac!

(Just pretend I published this on Tuesday, July 15th! I actually started it that day, but didn't have time to finish it ON his actual birthday!)

McKinley Eirik was born eight years ago yesterday (July 15th)! Do you know how old that makes me feel? In some ways it seems like he was just a little boy last week and in other ways it feels like he's been here my whole life. I love him so much!

So, here's a little tribute in pictures to the kid with the sweetest, biggest, most intense heart on the planet.


Newborn Mac. He was intense even as a newborn.


He has always had such stunning eyes! He was about three months old here.



The Cutie Pie at about 5 months old.


This is mom and Mac when he was about 13 months old. He used to be quite blond!


Two years old wearing grandpa's hat!



Two and a half years old. He fixed the dinosaurs so the little ones overpowered the big one. Mac knew the principle of strength in numbers at a young age!



Mac, at three years old, found my mascara and thought it was war paint or something... I tried to be mad, but he was just so darned cute! (this kid's gonna break hearts with those beautiful eyes!!!)


Three years old.


Four years old with Daddy's motorcycle goggles on his head!


Coppin' a little attitude at five years old.


Six years old.


One of MANY self-portraits Mac took! (seven years old)


Last week at his early birthday celebration! What a goofball!


I love you, Mac. I am so glad you chose to be in our family! You are so strong and so tender all at the same time. I love the inquisitive mind you have. I love your sweetness and I love your tenacity. You are amazing and you will do incredible things in this world. I am so proud to be your mother and I pray that I can do the job to the level that you deserve. You're awesome, buddy!
Love, Mom



5 comments:

Kaci said...

Awhhh HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAC (pretend this is on the 15th too)! Your Mom is right you do have beautiful eyes!! :) XOXO

Kaci said...

Oh and I don't have your email...so I'll answer your question here. I don't "know" Britta just from the bloggin world. :) I got her blog from Shellie...who I also don't "know"...LOL! Gotta love Blogger! HAHA!! Have a great day!

Mags said...

Aw! He IS awesome! Happy Birthday Mac!

Kristin said...

I love the picture of Mac with the dinosaurs... SO awesome that he got it that early!

This is a very sweet post... I can tell you are a great mom.

Britta said...

dang, the time does go fast! i will always remember what a sweet little boy he was even at the tender age of 2! he was so well behaved and listened to you so perfectly (mine have never done that!!). what sticks out in my mind (and i still use this even today!) is "look with your eyes" and it works everytime!

he's a doll and you're the best mom, seriously!!! happy birthday mac!!!!!