Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Euphoria of Responsibility

A beginning tonight. A sweet, gentle beginning.

Hold my hand, she says.

Every step of the way, I promise her.

I don't think I can do this, she trembles.

You, too, were born for this, I whisper from my heart. That is why you feel the spark. I know because I felt the same and still do. No matter how many times I've tried and failed to walk away.

Joy, friendship, learning, knowledge, power, passion, progress, discipline, love, laughter... a list unending... that is what begins this night for you, my friend.

6 comments:

Maria Hart said...

We missed you today... Keller especially missed Rohan and Emma wanted Ella there. Your posts have been particularly poignant this week. What inspired this poetic musing? I like the imagery of euphoria, usually we ascribe the word "burden" to responsibility. Your choice is refreshing.

Clancy in Idaho said...

Maria... I'm so sorry I didn't make it. I feel terrible! Especially thinking of Keller and Emma wishing for their little friends. We had something come up and I really needed to be home. We were all bummed out. I hope you had fun.

Thanks for the other.

Britta said...

Wow, you and your words are simply beautiful. I love and have always loved how you put them together. You are nothing short of amazing and while this is nothing new I continue to fall in love with you all over again and sit in awe each time I read!

Kristin said...

I love Britta's comment. She is right! You are amazing and I envy your ability to put words together in such a poetic way. I, too, have noticed your poignancy this week... the mystery is a intriguing. Oh, how I wish I knew.

Tresa Anderson said...

Clancy...you are amazing. I love it!!

Britta said...

Clancy Pants, you make Stepehnie Meyers look/sound like Dr. Suess! I keep reading your words and keep wishing you would share more!!