Monday, June 16, 2008

Manic Monday: Will

This Manic Monday post is taking a tremendous amount of willpower to generate. I don't know why. In fact, it seems that everything in my life right now is sucking my willpower. It feels hard for me to do anything and everything right now. Clean my house, take a shower, play with my kids, make dinner, pay the bills, call my stupid tenant that won't pay me, do family home evening, read scriptures, read anything that isn't an escape-fiction kind of book for that matter... everything feels like I am only doing it by sheer force of will. I wonder why that is? Things aren't always like this. Sometimes life just flows and I do everything with joy and ease, or so it seems in my memory of it. Now is not one of those times. Even blogging is hard. I feel uncreative, unspecific, and out of ideas. Sorry that this is a downer kind of post, but I'm being raw here. Dustin just came down and asked me to give him a haircut. UGH! Bust out the willpower again, baby.

8 comments:

Britta said...

I love the reality of this post. thanks for being real and willing to be vulnerable. None of us have sunshiney days/periods of time all of the time and it's refreshing to be honest about it and know that none of us are alone!

Michelvis said...

Actually Clancy, Britta is lying...she's always sunshiney. Everyday. She was even sunshiney when she was screaming at her kids today. :) I kid.

Hang in there kid. At least you have a hot husband who loves you and can cut a rug with you like nobody's business!!!

Kristin said...

LOVE your post... it's nice to know you're human too!

LOL at Michelvis... what a crack up!

Maria Hart said...

One of my favorite quotes from Anne of Green Gables is, "Tomorrow is a fresh day, with no mistakes in it." That's nice to hear when days like this come around. I am running like crazy right now... but when it slows down, we need to go get an ice cream cone together.

Mags said...

Um, yeah...I'm with you on the willpower thing! LOL! Sometimes, I just feel like I have NOTHING to say.

Tresa Anderson said...

Just remember....THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Times like this are such a huge blessing because they give you an appreciation for the times that are free flowing. You lucky girl!! I love ya!! And so do MANY others!!

beth s. said...

I'm with you on those feelings. I have felt that way lately and with more frequency. And it came right after a period of growth. I think 'someone' is trying to stifle my growth. Those feelings also seem to come when there is a reward waiting on the other side (whether you know there is a reward or not). It's a test I guess in 'enduring to the end'. I always thought that phrase had a feeling of drudgery to it like it was a bad, miserable thing. I'm learning now though that it's just obedience even during hard moments. It all comes down to a choice. Remove the feelings of the moment and making the choice is easy. Now it's just figuring out how to easily remove the feelings of the moment so you can remember your priorites and make the choice! It's all a part of the process right?

lamiss ibrahim said...


nice
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/cleaning-conditioners/
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/