Monday, June 2, 2008

Manic Monday: Over

For some reason, I am having a really hard time with this one. I've thought about a lot of things, but somehow none of them feel right. I am just going to have to get over it and start typing.

I am so over having tenants not pay their rent. I am not sure what the solution is. Sell the properties? I really like having multiple streams of income, and I don't like the idea of selling them, but I get so sick and tired of dealing with the deadbeats! To be fair, I have gotten some fabulous renters as well, two of which are living in my duplex right now. I am just venting here about my little house tenants. They are giving me fits with paying rent for the last couple months. They all want to call me and tell me all about their personal problems and, frankly, I just don't want to hear it! Pay me, and then I might listen without the anger. Whew! Sorry. The steam valve just released, apparently!

I wish they could all be like my 119 tenants... rent always paid early or on time, don't complain, always sweet and smiling. I hope they aren't just holding back and they secretly hate me, but I really like them and don't pick that vibe up from them. Anyway, I am sorry for venting, but I am SICK of it and I need to get OVER it.


I have been a little bit overzealous about reading Stephenie Meyer's new book, The Host. It is AWESOME! I might even like it better than the Twilight series. I am not finished with it yet, but will be by the time I go to bed tonight. I am lovin' this book! Can't wait to finish it so I can discuss it with some of you. (Thanks to Bonnie for loaning it to me and to Maria for being willing to!)

Anyway, I think my brain is out of steam and this post is as done as it's going to get. Over and out.

6 comments:

DansSugarPants said...

I'm not sure what the answer is to the un-paying tenants crisis. What I do know is that I wish Stephenie Meyer would write more books so that I could read and forget about more of my problems, at least for a little while. I can't wait until you finish it so we can talk about our favorite parts. It was one of my favorite books. I still have no idea how to get my blog page to operate. HELP!!!

Britta said...

The Host was definitely amazing! The first 50 pages confused me and left me longing for Twlight but after that I couldn't put it down and wanted so badly to finish! We definitely need to talk. I also need to apologize for the random message I left you guys yesterday!!!

Maria Hart said...

I was OVERcome by your OVERwhelming story of tentants who have taken bad occupancy OVERboard. (I wish you clarity and confidence in making your decision as to what to do with them.) I would happily OVERsee a discussion on "The Host", it was enjoyable science fiction... definitely not OVER the top. (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) P.S. Keller is going through Rohan-withdrawl... we may need to have your little bug OVER soon!

Kristin said...

Very cute. Sorry about the tenant problem. I read the Host too and loved it, so make sure to include me in your discussion. Kudos to maria hart for her OVER comments. I enjoyed your post, but have to admit... Britta covered OVER very well! Sorry I can't contribute to manic Monday... just too much going on!

Beth said...

Clancy.....you mean we had the option of NOT paying all this time???? LOL You know I'm kidding, girl! Yeah we like you.....you knew we did. LOL You are so funny and sweet too for the nice comments! Sorry about the other tenants.....you want Chris and I to teach a class on paying your rent??!!?? Seriously, I can't beleive there are people who think its ok NOT to.

lamiss ibrahim said...


nice
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/cleaning-conditioners/
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/