Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!



We did it! We've hit the ten year mark! Ten years ago today I was a blushing bride. Isn't Dustin cute! :)

A quick history: Dustin and I met when we were in college, January of 1997. His roommate, Justin, was dating my roommate, Britta. All of Justin's roommates would come over to our house all the time because, according to Dustin, it was a house full of HOT girls! (there were 8 of us in our house) At the end of May a group of us started playing volleyball, Frisbee, and roller blading together. I was impressed with his roller blading moves and he was an AWESOME Frisbee player. We started hanging out, just he and I. The more I hung out with him, the more hyper he got. Strange word choice you might say? Well, he was. I thought he was kinda crazy. We sort-of dated for about two weeks and then I moved home for the summer. I was a little overwhelmed by him. He called me for a while in the summer, and I was, frankly, not that interested.

After a while, he stopped calling. I felt kinda bad about that, but I wasn't as excited as he seemed to be. Meanwhile, that whole summer he and Britta were hanging out because Britta and Justin had broken up. So, when I moved back down for school and back in with Britta, Dustin was always around. We were just friends, and he was cool with that. He was still as "hyper" as ever. In fact, we had rules that Dust had to follow when he was at our apartment: 1) No fast movements 2) No head-butting 3) No biting. Yes, I said biting. You'd just have to have known him then to understand that one. We tried dating once more. That lasted for about a week, and I said no.. we've just gotta be friends.

Sometime around October he asked me if he could take me swing dancing. I didn't really want to go. I did a swing dance with a kid at an Institute dance and I thought it was lame. I am not a dancer. What I didn't know was that it's all about how good the person leading is, and Dustin is an AWESOME lead. We went swingin' despite the huge paper I had due in two days (that I hadn't started). I will never regret that decision. I hate to sound cheesy, but he literally and metaphorically swept me off my feet. I saw him in a whole new light that night. After that, we went dancing every Thursday. After two months of this, I finally agreed that we were dating. (Britta argued that he was already my boyfriend much earlier than that because I was buying him clothes.) I found some footage of us dancing that I thought you might enjoy- (hee hee!) Check this out.





Ha ha! I thought that was fitting.

Anyway... he proposed on February 2. I asked him if I could think about it. (I was pretty much a jerk, yes.) I finally said Yes on February 8. For six days I unknowingly tortured this sweet man. In my defense, it was a big decision and not something I wanted to say yes to if I wasn't totally sure. At any rate, we got married June 6, 1998 and it's been an incredible journey!

I am so grateful that Dustin patiently waited for me to figure out that he was my match. He was always so good to me, and continues to be such. I love you, honey! Thanks for the best ten years of my life. Here's to the next ten years and beyond...

6 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Congrats! You guys are so cute and Nels and I have often commented how well you two fit together! :) I hope that you have a wonderful anniversary without your kiddies!

Kristy said...

Happy Anniversary Clancy!! Mine is June 5th! Head butting and biting, huh? What a crazy guy!

Maria Hart said...

Welcome to the Decade Club! Crazy to think you've been married for one-third of your life! I enjoy getting to know you. Have a great weekend away, I hope it is cathartic, restful, rejuvinating, enlightening, and just fun!

Mags said...

Dustin and Justin? LOL!

Congratulations Clancy!! And seriously-you're the cutest!

Britta said...

Congrats! I can't believe how much time has passed. I still remember you picking him out doc Martin jeans (oh wait, i think those were for us?) I also remember you kids asleep on a table somewhere in the middle of no where after breaking down and then having to ride home in my heat-less baby jeep! I also remember you commenting after Kessee's birthday party that Dust was hot and I kaughed thinking, 'it's hust Dustin'. I also remember the two of you breaking his bed literally wrestling!!!!

So glad things worked out as they did! Love yer cute face ;)

bv

lamiss ibrahim said...


nice
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/cleaning-conditioners/
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/