Wednesday, June 18, 2008

From The Jar... #6

I have to apologize in advance for this jar pull. Please keep in mind that I did not write these questions. For those of you just tuning in, I have a journal jar that has (I believe) 365 questions to give you ideas of things to journal about. I don't keep a journal so I decided to do it on my blog. I haven't ever looked at all these questions and some of them are a little bit, um, grade school? Anyway, I promised myself I would answer whatever one came out of the jar and not try to find a better one. So, here goes...


What is your favorite animal(s)? Why?


Wow. I didn't realize how much brain power this question would take. I have several animals that I really like. Here's a little list...

Owls. Because they rock. They are stealthy, silent fliers. They are beautiful and command respect. My parents have owls that nest in their trees and we've been able to get up close and personal with their babies at times. (they've fallen from the nest and we've put them back)



Lions. Majestic, fierce, beautiful... and hey, I'm a Leo!


I must say that I really like this gibbon at the zoo in my town. Dustin better watch out though, I think this monkey has a crush on me... really. He remembers me everytime I go to the zoo. He's so sweet! We play games... I run across the length of his cage and he follows me. It's great fun.

My all time favorite animals have to be my parents dogs, Fergus and Maddie. They have both died, but they were the best. Maddie was a part Old English Sheepdog, part German Shepard. She was incredibly smart, sweet, loyal and quiet (hardly EVER barked). She was an incredible dog.

Fergus was an Irish Wolfhound that my parents adopted at 5 years old. He was a gigantic dog with a gigantic heart. He was so sweet and gentle and HUGE! He loved people and he loved to ride in the car. He and Maddie were good pals.

That's it. Now you know just a little bit more about me. Even if it is grade school information! ;)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Okay, so SOMEBODY needs to comment. I mean, I know it's not the most amazing post, but still! Well, I posted my own response, but when's your b-day?

Britta said...

Who doesn't have a crush on you?! All I know is that I'm glad you clarified what the heck a gibbon was!! I am really surprised that Ruby didn't make the list! All I can remember is you telling me not to turn my back on her!!!

I know I met one of your big doggies but I don't know which one...I want to say Fergus?

Mags said...

My favorite animal is an elephant. They are just so cute! They have very pretty eyes too. And how cute are baby elephants?!?!?

Big Sis said...

When I read the title of the post, I gasped, and thought for sure you'd say 'Irish Wolfhound', saluting the dear Fergus WHICH I have to say is THEE reason to this day I STILL ADORE those dogs and dream of having my own someday! Case in point(I'm not even kiding), my coworker just asked for our favorite animal from each of us for a fun art project he was doing & first on my list was... Irish Wolfhound (a close 2nd & 3rd are centaur & sphinx).