Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ella Says the Darndest Things, Episode 2

Episode 2 on my blog, that is. She says funny things all the time, but I had to run, not walk, so I could blog about this one.

I'm washing dishes. The rest of the family is playing outside. Ella comes in holding her eye and says excitedly, "We're sleeping outside tonight!" as she walks through the kitchen.

"Cool!" I respond.

She's already out of the kitchen. She is gone for a couple minutes and walks back into the kitchen holding her eye shut with her fingers so I can see her eyelid.

"Mom, look. I got a little scratch on my eye-pod."

I stifle a laugh and respond, "I'm so sorry honey! Where did you say you got scratched?"

She's a little impatient with my question as she is clearly showing me by holding her eye shut. She irritably responds, "On my eye-pod, Mom! And it hurts!"

I just had to hear her say it again... I love that kid.

Oh and the image was even better because of her outfit that she's had on for the last couple hours...

Do you love the leopard print stockings?



And that's Mac and Rohan too... standing in front of our tent that they and their Dad are going to sleep in tonight! Needless to say, the kids are bouncing off the walls with excitement.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

SO cute! And did you tell her what an i-pod is or that she was really talking about her eyelid or did you just leave it because it's so fun?

Clancy in Idaho said...

I left it cuz it was so fun... but later she said something about her scratch on her ipod, and then she said eyelid. and she asked me if it was an ipod or an eyelid and i let her know it's an eyelid. That's been the way of things... she says something funny for a while and she figures it out on her own what the real thing is.

Britta said...

so cute! the pics are great and i'm anxious to hear about the follow up to all of the excitment!

Ginny said...

laughed out loud at that one! and, love the tights!!!

Maria Hart said...

I love backyard campouts! Love Ella's outfit as well. Is Mac doing a ballet pose in the photo? Congrats on getting the garden in, I think I am going to have to replant quite a few seeds. I think our late winter froze some of my seeds. By the way, what is stevia?

Britta said...

MANIC MONDAY??!!! don't let us down now, we're counting on you, lady!!!

Rachel Chick said...

I love this! My kids used to pretend all sorts of things were their My-Pods! :) Hope you kissed her eye-pod all better! :) What a funny girl! I LOVE her tights! The best part is that they kind of match her legs and make it just look like she has funny spots! What a Silly she is! :)

Genene said...

Oh for cryin' out loud, that's one of the cutest things I've ever heard!!! And yes, I love the outfit! It's in perfect harmony with the person wearing it! Sheer JOY!

Love ya
Mom

PS My blog i.d. word thinger today is snyrvry. Ha ha!!