Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend

I am to the point of stuck. Again. I don't feel like I have much that's intelligent to say, so I will begin rambling. My weekend was fun. This was our now monthly kid swap with my friend, Maria. So, Friday night we dropped off the kiddos and went out for a little sushi. It was yummers, and we finished it off with cheesecake. Then we ran and got a Mother's Day present for mwah... a new set of glasses because we have managed to break all but one of ours. (well... we still had two others but they were the dumb ones that I hate, so they don't count.) They were nice and cheap, but elegant and hopefully durable at the same time! Thanks, D!

Saturday found me going to the blood brothel to get paid to have my sister poke a needle in my arm. I had the beginnings of "a reaction". That's where you feel sick, woozy, numb-lipped, heavy limbed or any other number of weird symptoms. I didn't feel nauseated yet, but I could tell I was on my way, so I called my dear sweet sissy to come and fix me up. She told me to squeeze my thighs.... seriously. She said it gets the blood flowin'! So, a blood pressure check or three, a few minutes of thigh-squeezin' and a G2 Gatorade later (seriously... that's yummy stuff!) I was feelin' ship-shape and continued having my blood sucked from my body, spun so the plasma falls out, and then returned to me where I could taste plastic baby doll again! It was great.

I then ran to the store and grabbed some frozen pizzas (it's not delivery, it's DiGiornos) and some ingredients for cheesecake and proceeded home. When I got home, my incredible husband and kids had cleaned the ENTIRE upstairs (my bedroom disaster included!) and had fresh cut tulips on the table in a vase! It was flippin' sweet!

At 2:20 I suddenly remembered that it was "Hazardous Household Waste Collection Day" and it ended at 3:00, and I had buckets o'paint in my basement screaming to go get in a hazardous waste collection bin! (Thank you ever so much to the people we bought our house from who left us a TON of paint! It was so courteous!) I quickly sorted through what I wanted to keep and D and the kids loaded up the rest and Rohan and I were off. It was a drive through service... please fill out this survey, ma'am... thank you and have a nice day. Wow! Then RohRoh and I went to Great Clips to fix his messed up hair! (way to go, Mamma!) He looks SO darn cute! I will post pics later. I haven't taken any, and I can't take one now cuz he is sleeping! (Ya think?! It's only 12:47... why is your child sleeping, you might say? We're just weird like that.) Then we drove by Payless Shoes on our way home and I stopped and bought Roh a new pair of imitation Crocs, and myself a new pair of black flip flops with sparkles. (Thank you Blood Money!) I figured I was justified cuz my last pair I got before I was even pregnant with Rohan!

Home again. I then proceeded to make the cheesecake only to discover that I was one cream cheese short of a full cake, so it was back to the store! Lucky me... I remembered while I was there that I needed conditioner, and while walking down the conditioner isle, I ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen in a LONG time! We chit-chatted and got all caught up right there in front of the conditioner! :)

Home to finish said cheese cake. Cake finished, put it in fridge. (That might just be a superfluous detail... but I think you're used to it by now, right?) Then Maria's kids came over, played hard and long with my kids, add in a minor pit-stop for pizza. I played guitar for a bit and managed to get my fingers sore. Then Maria and John showed up, we jammed out on the guitar and sang a duet... I think we've got a good thing goin' here! Kids to bed, blogged a bit (comments, anyway), and went to bed.

Sunday... Ella came in and informed me while I was lying asleep in my bed that I need to get up early because it's Mother's Day. No, my dear... you are mistaken. I get to get up whenever I want, which is not right now, because it's Mother's Day. Got up LATER, lounged for a while, called people for choir practice, went to church, came home. Went to my mom's for dinner. Dad and Dust cooked us food. BBQ hamburgers. (Thanks to my dad, the BBQ Nazi!) Then I chopped up strawberries and had them with my delish cheesecake! It was SOOO yummy! Then, the fam played Rock Star on my little bro's XBOX 360. That is a hilariously fun game. I was the drummer tonight and I sucked a little less with each song. Good times were had by all....

Came home. Put kids to bed. Watched Juno. Cute show. Cracked me up. Came down to the compy, thought, "I should blog something, but my brain is in need of some repair...". Read a few blogs. Bawled my eyes out at little Charlie Cooper's blog. (read from the beginning if you've got an hour, then donate on PayPal... amazing family!) Suddenly I came up with a brilliant idea for my next post... this weekend review! How original, you might say? Yes... I am simply bursting with originality! ;)

6 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

We'll take you in any capacity we can get, Clancy! Glad you had a good mother's day! I think I need to stop by your house this week! Any day specifically that would be better than another?

Clancy in Idaho said...

Stop on by whenever you feel the urge! I pick up Ella at 10:40 daily. Mac at 2:15 daily (1:00 on Wed). We'd love to see you! :)

Maria Hart said...

Ditto on the swap night! It is great! I blogged about it too. I need to have Rohan over, Keller is pestering me... maybe Wednesday? As for a blog idea, I think you should do a series on different aspects of leadership: qualities leaders should have, different styles, how to deal with negativity, how to inspire, etc. I know you spend a lot of time reading about the topic, write about it!

Kristin said...

Well, I can't read and not comment. Unfortunately I'm zonked. I'm so tired I don't think I can say much. You are amazing and I really enjoy your blog. Thank you for your mother's day wishes. I'd have written on Sunday, but my hubby isn't too happy about my blogging, so I just avoided it and now (this week) I haven't been awake enough to attempt more than pics. I'll be going private soon, but you'll have permission.

Happy Mother's Day (belated)!

Clancy in Idaho said...

Kristin... I'm sorry your husband isn't happy about you blogging. Mine wasn't either for a while and I admit it was a little out of hand for a time... I was obsessed. I ditched my last name from my blog a while ago and he feels better about that part of it. Plus he sees how it is actually a really good thing for me. That is a long story that I could tell you about sometime, but now right now. I have too much to do right now! :) Anyway, I really enjoy your blog too and your comments! I'm glad I'll get permission to your blog when you go private. If you don't mind my asking, what is it about your blogging that your hubby doesn't like? Just curious if it's the same reasons as my hub...

As always, thanks for the comments!

Kristin said...

Clancy, I'll have to get back to you on that one, but I'll give you a summed up version... privacy and time wasting. He thinks I should just write in a journal and doesn't understand the satisfaction I get from the interaction with others.