Friday, May 2, 2008

On the Subject of Annoying...

Since we're on the subject of annoying junk mail... something else that really annoys me is telemarketing calls. A lot of times I don't answer them. I just ignore. However, lately I have been entertaining myself with these poor callers at the other end...
telemarketer
I am a little embarrassed to say what it is exactly that I've been doing. When I get one of these calls, I wait for them to say, "Hi, can I speak to Mrs. Clancy Last Name?" Then I proceed to make strange noises. Think Dory on Finding Nemo... "WOW! I wish I could speak whale!". Or, on anther day, think goofy Halloween party CDs where they have ghoulish noises. Or perhaps I actually talk to them, but it is a mentally handicapped sort of way! (please take no offense. I've had people like this answer the phone and I think it's sweet. I just imagined I was one of them and the caller was nice to me!)

It's silly, but I sure entertain myself! When they finally hang up I never fail to laugh out loud.

Warning: if you try this at home, do not put it on speaker phone if you have a 5 year old daughter. She might watch you doing this, make a strange face at you and then shout, "That's my mom doing that! That's my MOOOOOOM!!!!!" The little stinker! It ruins the whole joke!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

LOL... that's hilarious! Maybe they'll get a good laugh too... or just roll their eyes. Enjoy!

P.S. I responded to your comment on my blog.

Melissa said...

I think you should video tape one of these experiences and post it so we have a clear vision as to the severity of this humor and we can all have a good laugh--just a suggestion!! (spread the joy)

Clancy in Idaho said...

Melis... I actually thought I might do just that, but I didn't want to wait for a telemarketer to call! Turns out I only had to wait about an hour. I should have known it would be short! They call all the time.

Britta said...

reading this reminded of one of my first tuns in s with you...you know the one where you and cathy were running around on your knees in the basement with boxing gloves on?!

you're still 18 forever and so easy to love!

xoxx

Clancy in Idaho said...

I remember the rug burns from those knee races.

:)

It takes one to know one...

xoxo