Monday, May 12, 2008

Manic Monday: Doodle


Today's Manic Monday word is doodle. Sometimes I have to think for a while before I come up with something to write about on these... but not today!

Back in my high school days, I had three classes in which I became a legendary doodler. Geography, AP Biology, and Geology. I would often draw my doodles on paper, like a normal person, but I got to the point where I would draw them on my ankles, like a tattoo. People thought they were cool enough that they wanted me to draw one on them too. I am not sure what, if anything, the teacher (particularly in Geography) taught us, but I do remember a line of three or four people nearly daily who wanted one of my doodles on their ankle or their arm or even on the back of their neck. It was fun for me to unleash my creativity and for someone to think it was fun enough to put on their skin, be it temporarily.

I would also do people's names in crazy, funky, doodles. Most of them I gave away, but some that I didn't like as much, or just did for fun, I still have in my doodle book. I took a few pics of some of them, and some more typical I'm-bored-in-class kind of doodles. (I've typed doodle enough now that it is starting to look really weird... like it's spelled wrong) So, there you go... I'm a doodler and I was once famous for it!

Here are just a few of the many names I've doodled over the years.







And these are things that I doodle when I'm on the phone or bored at a meeting or school (when I was in school). As you can tell, I'm a pretty serious kind of student! ;)





For some reason I don't have many samples of the kinds of things I would draw for tattoos on people. They were typically more like this one...



So there you are... doodles for a Manic Monday!

6 comments:

Britta said...

I so remember seeing your doodles but had forgotten all about them!!!! I am honored to have made the doodle list and did have to smirk when I saw 'William'!

I love your creativity! You are do dang talented even with the most simple of tasks!

What I was realy wondering is how many doodles never came to be because we simply didn't make it to class?!

Doodle on, dude!

crazy working mom said...

Wow, you're pretty good. :)

I had to cheat and let my 5 year old do my doodling for me. *lol*

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Manic Monday.

Kimo & Sabi said...

Those are some furry fun doodles!

Mo said...

Great Doodle Cat! And I think it's cool that you shared some of your personal doodles with us!
It's Monday night, and we have 86 blogs that have participated in our Manic Monday Cat Doodle Fun Fund Raiser!
That's $43 for Cat Friends Helping Friends!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

excellent doodles! and thanks for stopping by...

smiles, bee
xoxooxoooxoxox

Mags said...

I always knew you had to be talented-but those doodles are amazing!!!!