Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tag?

So, my kids got tagged and I did that, and Britta sorta tagged me... so I have been having issues with blogstipation so I thought I would comply.

So... it's the Ten things you may or may not know about me....

1- My shoulders are crooked, meaning they don't sit level with eachother. Dustin says it's cuz my hips are "off" and my back is "out" so one leg would seem to be longer than the other even though it's not. When I was a bridesmaid at my sister's wedding, my mom made our dresses and she had to adjust the dress for my shoulder that was "off".

2- I am currently donating plasma for a little extra cash and I, apparently, have the genetic makeup that "tastes" strange things when the blood returns to your body. Lacy said that some people, with the right genetics, "taste" a metallic taste on the return and she says that it's just the anti-coagulant they mix with the blood. I don't taste metallic, I taste the plastic tubes that the blood is running through. Right at the back of my mouth there is a taste like brand new My Little Pony's or plastic baby dolls. It is a VERY strange sensation.

3- I was hypnotized one time at a hypnotist show when I was in college. It was great! It amazingly mostly cured my stage fright. I took voice lessons as a teenager and had to do some recitals. It was some of the scariest moments of my life. I had incredible stage fright. Knees shaking, hands shaking, couldn't breathe (which is bad when you're supposed to be singing). Then I went to college had some more bad experiences with vocal juries. Then I went on a double date with Dustin, and Britta and Jeremy and I got on stage to be hypnotized. He had us be our favorite celebrities. I was Sarah McLachlan. He asked me if I wanted to sing something and I said, "Sure!". I got up with the mic and sang the whole song of "Angel" a'capella with almost no fear at all. (there was a tiny bit somewhere in the back of my head, but it was not in control) The first solo I did after that experience was a completely different animal. It actually felt GOOD! Ever since, I have had very little fear to sing in front of people. Some nerves come up, but no big deal. I believe in the power of hypnosis!

4- I often have dreams that I am leading music in church in just my underwear. This is fresh on my mind as I just had one again this morning. It is not a fun dream! Reminds me of a Toosdae post from Mags where I chose to tap dance with a red outfit in front of 1000 people! ;)

5- I LOVE digital cameras. They were the best invention for the girl who never took pictures because I hated to deal with the little rolls of film and pay to buy them and then pay AGAIN to develop them AND figure out what to do with the pictures after. I still have a shoe box full of pictures from earlier days. I am an anti-scrapbooker. I am not against the idea of it for other people, but I don't need anything else that makes me feel like I'm not living up to my ideal. I know myself, and I would never be "caught up" and I would use that as ammunition to beat myself up! So... I love that I can just burn it to a disk and have the pics saved on my comp. and let them come up as a screen saver and look at them more than I EVER would in a photo album or a scrapbook.

6- I wanted to play basketball in high school, but I was too scared to try out. I regret it now, but not the hold onto it and lament kind of regret. It is just a lesson. Never forget what Wayne Gretzky said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." I try to remember that now.

7- I miss my Grandma Carol EVERYDAY. She was sunshine. She represented the best of what people can be in so many aspects of her life. She was not perfect, and I know that, but I am grateful everyday that I was born her granddaughter. I am grateful everyday that she was a living example of grace and light. I miss you, Grandma.

8- I have INCREDIBLE friends and family. I am surrounded by people who inspire me. I love to interact with all of them... from my husband and children to those I associate with at church and TEAM and the old skool playgroup gang and my best friends from my youth and college pals and the newest friends I have just met or only know through blogging. Know that if your reading this, I love you and I am grateful for you in my life.

9- I love to sing. Most of you know that already, but I really do. It is a healing thing for me. It makes my heart light!

10- People have asked me my whole life if I am named after someone or if Clancy's a family name, because it's unusual. No... not so. My mom was pregnant with me and was watching a game show and there was a contestant named Clancy. She thought it was cute. So... that was the birth of my name. :) Funny story. I didn't like my name when I was a kid. It was unusual and that bothered me. I wanted to be name Jackie, Anna, Jenny or Tina. Something like that. I am glad now, as a adult, that I have the name I have. Carol Tuttle told me that it was perfect for my energy profile! (whatever that means!)


Anyway... that was kinda fun! Thanks, Britt. I think you are officially tagged... as well as Maria and Rachel, and Mags. I realize that I tagged some of your kids with this same tag... so if it is all too much, then don't worry about it. I just like reading little known things about all you great people. (and you are the only ones who post comments on my blog, so you are the lucky ones who get tagged)

2 comments:

Britta said...

Once again, you are the cutest! Your dream about conducting music in your underwear at church made me giggle out loud! AND...I had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN about our trip to the hypnotist show on campus! I love remember things like this so thank you for bringing back an amazing memory!!

Kristin said...

Hi Clancy, I thought I'd return the favor and sneak into your blog to get a glimpse of you. By the way, you are gorgeous! I love your ten things... I, too, love to sing... can't do it well, but love it because it is therapeutic. Yesterday I was frustrated with Noah (for acting his age while being ignored - I was at my mom's trying to get some quality time), so I went for a drive, turned up the music (partially so I couldn't hear Noah complain) and sang. Loved it! :) Thanks for letting me into your life!