Friday, April 25, 2008

Neck News

Happy to report that the neck is almost completely normal now. Went into the chiropractor's today and the pain was moderate for only about a minute. YAY!!! It is so amazing to feel good!

The chiropractor mentioned that I was one of the worst cases of torticollis that he's seen in a couple months. I asked him what torticollis was and he said it's a specific type of neck injury with no known cause.

I have since looked up the term and realize that it can be much much worse. As I read more about it, I realized that I have a relative that had this but his ear was all the way down to his shoulder and he couldn't move it. I didn't have it so bad... just couldn't move my head to either side or up. I could look down alright, and I could actually turn my head to the side if I kept my chin down on my chest, which is more typical of the torticollis (as much as I have read about it!)

Anyway... interesting. I am just grateful for my chiropractor. I know he didn't like doing what he had to do. He said several times that it made him feel bad and he hated doing it because he knew it hurt. (hysterical screaming and crying is a good indication!) But he knew what needed to be done and did it despite my whining, and for that I am grateful.

And... I continue to be grateful for Dustin and his magic hands. He has helped this little neck so much!

2 comments:

Britta said...

you're one brave girly!!!

Maria Hart said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend. You remember the story of Atlas, how he held up the world on his shoulders? Your poor neck was doing them same thing with your brain... it must be loaded with alot of information to weigh so much!