Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blogstipation and the Week in Review

So, I have had a little case of blogstipation this last little while. Working on jump starting my brain... anyone have any jumper cables? I wish it were that easy....

I spent a great deal of time last week sitting on the floor, hunched over our giant Lego box building all sorts of things for my children. A rainbow house for Ella. A castle for Mac. A hex house for Rohan. There were robots and pyramids and cars... always cars. We managed to have Legos scattered all over the floor of Rohan's room... what a lovely, precious mess!

I have spent a lot of time reading as well. Still working on A New Earth. Excellent book, in my opinion. Loving what I am learning there, and everywhere.

Kids were home sick several days. Mentioned that already.

Spent a lot of time on updating and revising Dustin's resume. He is on the prowl for a new job, so if any of you know of something in the Geology/Engineering field that is available give us the heads up! :)

The weather has been beautiful. Until today, that is. Saturday was a lovely day that found Dustin working in the yard, and me going to our local plasma donation center where I got the distinct pleasure of being poked in the arm by my little sister, the phlebotamist. I think it's really weird that they call it a "plasma donation" when they actually pay you to do it. Doesn't quite seem to fit the donation bill when you get paid money for it. Any thoughts?

Sunday was also beautiful. I wore sandals to church, and my feet weren't even cold. I am the choir director in my ward. We are combining with another ward to make up the choir for Stake Conference. I am excited for this little deal to be over on the 27th of April. I had a dream about leading the choir in Stake Conference, and let's just say I'm hoping that I worked out all my fears in my dream and everything will go perfect in the real deal.

Monday was the MOST beautiful of all the days. I think it hit somewhere around 70-75 degrees. It was wonderful. I forgot what that feels like. I had my front and back door open with a little breeze blowing through while I sewed with my friend, Melissa. The breeze wasn't the only thing that came through my house... the back door has no screen, and while we were sewing, Mac or Ella came up and informed me that I was about to freak out because a cat came in the back door and went into the basement. I only freaked out a little bit...

Then, last night, Dustin and I watched "I Am Legend". (Thank you, CleanFlicks!) I didn't care for it much. Dustin didn't like it at all. I didn't know it was a bit of a "scary" movie. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. Oh well...

Anyway... that is my week in loose review. Hopefully this case of blogstipation will clear up soon, and I will have something interesting to say!

3 comments:

Britta said...

Plasma donation is tax free and great income! Even cooler when your sis is the one sticking that crazy needle in your arm! you're way too tough for your own good!!!

I saw 'I Am Legend' on Sunday and didn't like it at all. It was creepy and gave me nightmares. I don't get it and had a really hard time when Sam died :(

I love breezes! The fact that you had one going straight through front to back is heavenly! It's snowing here today...ick.

Where is SPRING? BRING IT ON!

So we need to talk. I owe you a call. More importantly I need to know if you are Pro Edward or Pro Jacob....

xxox

Clancy in Idaho said...

LOL!!! Britta, you are so funny! You know I am pro-Edward... as my friend Rachel said, "Who can resist dangerous perfection?"

Call me anytime! We do need to talk.
love your guts...

Rachel Chick said...

Hear, hear! We were in Utah this weekend and it was beautiful there too! So nice to have little glimpses of what we're looking forward to. I think I'll try hard to not get my hopes up that it will ever be warm again . . . then I'm not disappointed!