Thursday, March 13, 2008

Winds of Change...

While I don't necessarily agree with every bit of this program, I think it had some incredible and powerful messages. This little clip of this 20 minute video just made me grind my teeth! If you would like to see the whole video, which is, in my opinion, worth watching, (It takes a very liberal stance... I can just hear Dustin's voice in my head!) click here.
I am sickened that this was ENGINEERED, though I don't doubt it for a second. Between this and the public school system, we have a lot of work to do!!!

The winds of change are blowing... tousling my hair, whispering in my ear...






1 comment:

Maria Hart said...

You have opened a Pandora's Box. This video clip is awesome... it is not a liberal perspective, though. Truth doesn't claim a political motive. Truth is independent within in the sphere it was created. The research and statistics for this video were manipultaed, of course, everyone does that in order to make the material fit their paradigm. However, the concept is sound. Capitalism created a monster, yes, a fair market is a good thing. But, the sole purpose of capitalism is to make the pursuit of money THE only worthy goal. We ARE a consumer nation, we are defined by it. We buy in, hook, line and sinker into the "Buy more, save more" philosophy. What idiots we are to belive we could actually spend more money and save more as well... we just spend more. A dandelion by any other name still smells sour. The truth is, we are veering so far away from the consecrated life we were destined to achieve, and so many of us preach capitalism as if it will get us there. How can a process that preaches: spend, compete, get ahead, buy, mine... ever get us to a celestial way of living? So many questions! Stewardship, conservation, charity, those are the keys to get us there. The economists aren't the only ones trying to place stumbling blocks... sometimes we happily position our own in crippling locations. Why do we "buy" into it all?