Saturday, March 15, 2008

Non-stop!!

cleaning supplies
How does a house get so out of control? Where did all this crap come from in my basement? Why don't I see things until they're completely taking over?

I have been cleaning today. I would love to be a part of some group like AA, but for people with a perpetually messy house. I need a twelve step program. I need a mentor and I need accountability!!! Ugh!

I have been cleaning non-stop since about 10:15 this morning and it is now 6:01 pm! I've made some excellent progress. I had a good sized cardboard box that I filled with junk for the D.I. (thrift store). I not only filled it but piled it as high as my shoulder (approximately)! And that was not even today's work, it was the other day. Dustin took that box to the D.I. this morning and then I filled a large, black garbage bag with toys and clothes and such that is waiting to go BYE BYE!!!

Do you ever feel like throwing EVERYTHING in your house away? I guess is Spring Fever, but I am just itchin' to de-junk my house. I read a great book called Hidden Treasures and it talks about "The Vacuum Law of Prosperity". I've been testing it out today! I am ditching that green recliner that I have "saved" for our family room that we are going to have when we finally get around to remodeling our basement. I don't even like the chair, but I've "saved" it for our family room that doesn't exist yet! Silly! Anyway... it's going AWAY now, and I'm excited!

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

I'm really excited for you! De-junking is one of my favorite things to do. I've been thinking of doing that very thing in my house! In the past 6 years, we have moved something like 13 times! Each time, I get rid of more and more crap --- of course then we just acquire more, but I think I'm getting the itch! Time to clean out and organize!