Friday, March 7, 2008

My Crazy Crazy Brain...

stoplightmonkey
When I was a young kid- maybe 4 or 5 years old- I thought there was little monkeys that lived squished inside of stoplights. They were the ones who made the lights change colors. To make them change they would move their hand from one light to the other and hold it there until it was time to change to another color. I remember turning around to look at the traffic lights after we went through them and I could swear I saw a the outline of a monkey's hand...
I learned later, if you can believe it, that I was mistaken... stoplights are changed by timers or tripped by cars! But I've always maintained that monkeys squeezed inside the stoplights sounded much more interesting.

SOO378R Two Wheels Only
Did you know that my great grandfather died in a car wreck on the busy cross street below my house called 13th East before I was born? This wreck was unique because he was driving along and had to swerve to miss something which made his car go up on the two passenger-side wheels. He drove on those two wheels (just like in a movie) for a split second before his car flipped all the way over. He didn't survive the crash. You see, below 13th East is a very steep hill, and his car rolled down it. It was terrible.

Yeah... that's what I believed until I was about 13 years old. I have no idea what made that memory up, but it turns out my great grandfather died of stomach cancer!

I think, mostly, my imagination is more interesting than real life!

3 comments:

Mags said...

Holy cow! You do have quite the imagination!!!

Rachel Chick said...

ha ha ha! Clancy! I am laughing so hard! You are awesome! I like the monkeys better too!

Britta said...

You always make me smile! xxox