Friday, March 21, 2008

How Do YOU Spell Relief?

I don't know about you, but to me, RELIEF is spelled S-I-G-N-E-D C-O-N-T-R-A-C-T!


Yes, that's right. We signed a contract with our latest new tenants today!! I am so glad! This apartment has been vacant since the beginning of December. During the major cold snap in January (you know the one where it was, like, 20 below zero!!) we had the faucet running so the pipes wouldn't freeze, but the trap in the drain froze in the kitchen sink!!! So, imagine running water (well, it turned into more of a dripping than a running of water) with a frozen drain. NOT GOOD! We didn't go check on it enough and when Dustin went over there he found ice flows that went over the edge of the sink, down onto the floor and down into the basement. There were icicles hanging from the ceiling downstairs! That was NOT one of our best days of 2008!

The water ended up ruining the sub-floor under the linoleum. (wow... I guess I've never written the word linoleum... I bet I spelled it wrong 10 times before I finally googled how to spell it! weird...!) So, we had to tear up the floor and tile it. That was thrilling. So, not only did we go through all of January, February and most of March without income on this place, but we were spending money to fix the floor, run the lights, and heat the place!

Needless to say, I am feeling very content right now because someone now gets the lucky privilege of paying me to live there!!!

Getting apartments rented is GOOD!!

No comments: