Thursday, March 20, 2008

Good Times With

friends



Isn't it funny how there's people we meet with whom we get along great... we really like being around them and have a lot in common, so we say things to each other like, "We should hang out some time." or "We should have a barbecue sometime!" Then "some time" never comes because we all have lives that are busy, and the next time you see each other you say those "let's hang out" phrases again. And the cycle just continues.

Well, my dear friends, I saw this vicious cycle in embryo with my cute friend, Rachel. We were together for a little while and decided that we should definitely do dinner or something. As she was leaving, she said, "We should pick a day to do dinner right now, or it'll never happen!" (or something close to that!) Good call, Rachel! We picked a tentative date and I said I'd call her after I checked with Dustin. I was tempted to just let the day come and go because it has been SUCH a busy week and I've been so tired... but I didn't want it to turn into a "we should hang out" cycle. So... I checked with Dust and called her back with confirmation.

And I am so glad we did! Tonight Rachel and I broke the "we-should-hang-out" barrier as we went over to their darling house and ate a delicious dinner of slow-roasted, TENDER pork roast, baked red potatoes, salad and rolls. The food was incredible and the company even better. We had so much fun! Our kids played, squealed and chased in circles while Rachel, Nels, Dustin and I laughed for two hours straight. It was good times at their best!

I am so glad that Rachel and I decided to break through that barrier in our friendship and actually hang out! Hopefully it won't be long before we are doing it again!

Rachel, thanks again for the dinner and an even bigger thanks for being my friend! :)

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

Hooray! Clancy, we had such a GOOD time! Thank you so much for coming over and hanging out! We should "hang out again sometime" (hardy, har, har) soon! Hazel and Lilie kept talking and talking about your kids for the rest of the night after you left. You guys are so great and we really had fun! Sometimes there are friends that one or the other spouse gets along with better and then it's okay to hang out, but there's nothing like when you both get along great with both other people. I'm so glad that we've become such good friends!!!