Friday, February 29, 2008

Tag I'm It!!

This is my first tag ever! I officially love blogging! It's so fun, but it's so hard to explain why to people who don't blog. Weird phenomenon, huh? We should make up a Blang word for that! So, anyone who reads this... submit one, and the winner will get a prize!

Here's the tag...

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was engaged to my darling Dustin. We had been engaged for 21 days ten years ago today! So, I was also working in Logan, UT at TKI (a screen printing shop) and I was going to Idaho every weekend to plan my wedding with my mom! And I was living at Oakridge missing my BVS because she was in the MTC!!!

What were you doing 1 year ago?
One year ago I was doing the same things I am doing now... being a mom and a wife, working on personal growth and leadership development, dipping pretzels, managing apartments, being happy!

Five snacks you enjoy
1- Cinnamon Toast
2- Gala Apples with Tillamook medium cheddar cheese
3- Figoco with mascarpone cheese and wafer crackers....mmmmmmmm mmmmmm good!
4- Kozy Shack Rice Pudding
5- Cheese Danish

5 Things I would do if I was a millionaire
(correction: WHEN I'm a millionaire)
1- Set up trusts for my kids (amen, Britta), and donate lots to incredible causes.
2- Help as many other people get to millionairehood as I can.
3- Put my kids in private school, or else hire someone to tutor them at home...someone whose ideals are very much in alignment with my own.
4- Buy a few hundred acres that are partially wooded with water running through it and build my house that I've had in mind for a long time and have horses and lots of outbuildings and lots of things to do to teach my kids how to work like past generations had to! (That would mean I would have to learn right along with them!)
5- Travel around the world gaining an education of every place we visit. (the whole family!)

5 Bad Habits
1- I have been, in the past, a nervous picker... pick at my arms or whatever flaw on my skin. (I am claiming these as past tense, because I refuse to use the I am statement on these things I am trying to change!)
2- I have been known, in the past, to be a procrastinator.
3- I have been known, in the past, to raise my voice to my children.
4- I have been known, in the past, to have a problem with punctuality.
5- I have been known, in the past, to spend too much time on the computer. (like right now!)

5 things you like doing?
1 - Singing and trying to learn the guitar. But singing esp. It makes my heart light!
2 - Reading (love fiction and non-fiction both... but mostly read non these days... except for Twilight series *amen, again, Britta!* and I swing for Team Edward!!!!!)
3 - Blogging!
4 - Hanging out with people I love
5 - Sewing, ultimate Frisbee, planting things in my flower beds, reading to my children... ok that's more than 5, I realize! Get over it! ;)

5 things you would never wear again
1- Doughnut rolled socks over stirrup pants!
2- Units (remember that store that had all different colors of the same knit things with "Bandos" that went on your waist that you could also wear as a mini skirt!)
3- Jelly shoes... They might come back in, but the thought of wearing them and getting sweaty feet... ugh!
4- Cotton G's (Do I hear an Amen to Britta's comment?)
5- Peg leg pants... please oh please let this be true that I will never wear these again! Probably we should never say never to anything, because everything comes back! YIKES!

5 Favorite Toys
1- My guitar
2- My cell phone
3- CD player in my car
4- Portable DVD player... so nice to have at times like long car trips and when I am stuck doing something like tiling the floor at one of our apartments and I have my kids with me!
5- Shop Vac that I gave Dusty for Christmas! I just love Shop Vacs and this one rolls on its wheels so nicely!

So, I tag Rachel, Melissa D., Tricia and Mags
Here's the tag!
What were you doing 10 years ago?
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Five snacks you enjoy
5 Things I would do if I was a millionaire
5 Bad Habits
5 things you like doing?
5 things you would never wear again
5 Favorite Toys

5 comments:

Britta said...

Must I remind you dear love that EDWARD LEFT BELLA!!!!!!! There was a reason she had that gaping hole in her chest. Is he charming? Yes. Romantic? Yes. Mysterious? Yes. Alluring? Yes. Passionate? Yes. Brilliant? Yes. The man is hot (or at least he would be!) BUT good guys always finish last. Poor, poor Jacob!

PS What the heck is a Unit???

Erin T said...

you would go for Edward. I am Jacob all the way! And what's wrong with cotton Gs? :)

Mags said...

Hmm.....I'll have to think about these a tiny bit...thanks for the tag! :)

Clancy Passey said...

I know, I know... Edward left. I'm over it! (sounds like you're not! *wink*) He is definitely all those things and yes, poor Jacob. I do love Jacob too, but I can't help it! I'm just so in love with Edward (in fictionland)! It's really funny the Jacob/Edward thing! I think every woman I know has read these books and, interestingly enough, most of the ones I know are pro-Jacob! I'm one of the minority in my circle of friends. I'm ok with that.

Britta... Units were a dorky brand of clothing that you could mix and match anything. They were knit with solid colors. I tried and tried to find a picture of them, but no such luck. There are a few people that remember them. I found some blogs...

Erin... Cotton Gs... bind and twist and make me INSANE!!! sorry if you love 'em! I think Beth wears 'um too!

Mags... think as long as you like!!! I just knew you were one who reads my blog.... so you were the lucky tagged one! :)

Rachel Chick said...

Clancy, you're great! I promise that I'll respond to your tag soon. I just blogged my brains out today and i don't think I have any more time to waste . . . today. And just so you know, I'm with you. Team Edward all the way! What could be better than dangerous perfection?