Friday, February 1, 2008

Laundry Piles Pay

So, I'm folding a mountain of laundry. And I mean MOUNTAIN. Perhaps perhaps Everest might be a stretch... (My sister Sassy gets the Everest award!) but definitely in the Mount McKinley range... (no pun intended. Really... Mac's laundry pile was the smallest of all the game!)

Anyway... I'm folding away. Off and on ALL DAY, when I finally get to my basket. *here's a little side bar... Dustin's clothes are my favorite to fold and put away, next comes towels, then Mac's, then Ella's, then Rohan's, and lastly, mine. Yes, my clothes are my least favorite to fold and put away. Don't ask me why, cuz I don't know. That's just the way it is.* OK, sidebar done... So, I came to the last pair of pants in my basket... picked them up and (literally) said to myself, " Oh, cool! I forgot about those pants!" *side bar #2- I haven't folded my whole basket in a long, long time... I just pick clothes off the top!*
So I'm folding and the pockets were all wrinkled so I was straightening them, felt something in there, and Voila! 40 bucks grew in my pocket in the bottom of the laundry basket!!!

So, I'm pretty sure that I only had loose change in those pockets, so I think that it's one of those laundry baskets that my financial planner was trying to get me to buy. You know the kind... one of those yellow baskets that, in exchange for keeping the money on deposit for the agreed-on term, these laundry baskets usually grant higher interest rates than they do on pockets from which money may be found, in pockets with frequent folders, although this may not be the case in an inverted yield curve situation. Fixed rates are common, but some laundry baskets offer various forms of variable rates depending on how often one folds and puts away. Sometimes, baskets that are indexed to the stock market, the bond market, or other indices are introduced with higher yielding interest rates...
Anyway, I inherited it from my grandma. (thanks, Grandma!) I bet if the rest of the family knew what kind of basket it was, they might have thumb wrestled me for it!

I knew there was a reason I never fold my clothes! :P Yay!


P.S. If anyone who reads this speaks financial-eez, please don't leave a comment telling me what a retard I am, cuz I am retarded on purpose! :)

2 comments:

Britta said...

The only thing that is retarded is the way I'm feeling after reading your blog! Love the laundry post and I'm totally envious that you found some serious cash! I'm never that lucky...and I never get to the bottom of my mountain!!!!

I just called to chat the other night..it was late but nothing serious! I'll try to catch up with you today my faithful friend!!! xxox

Clancy Passey said...

Well... to be perfectly honest... I didn't get to the bottom. I folded mine before Rohan's this time, thinking if I got the one I like to do least out of the way first (well, first of the last two baskets) that I would end on a good note! Not the case. I ended on mine. Rohan's is still sitting there... a lone unfolded hill of laundry. I did actually put mine away. My most famous trick is to fold mine, bring it upstairs, and then let it sit in the basket in my room folded! :) But I didn't. I was strict with myself. Yay!
I <3 You! (that would be a heart...)